Seiten

Samstag, 21. September 2013

HSF-Challenge #19


The Challenge: #19 "Wood-Metal-Bone"
Fabric: no fabric, the busks are made of cedars wood (smells awesome!)
Pattern: no pattern
Year: the busk fits for my rococo stays and for the 1660 dresses either; similar origins are dated in 18th cent.

 I started with the smaller one some days ago using the soldering iron I normally use for my charms, but the bit (peak?) was too coarse for the filigree details so i bought a new and smaller one for the second busk and this works very fine.
How historically accurate is it? 50/50. Material and the kind of details are period and taken from original busks. But I used modern tools for sawing and decorating. I don´t know if there are any busks made of cedar, but of course there are many pieces made of wood. The european busks I found, are  carved but there are some american busks, which are decorated with a branding iron. I added the year 2013 ;)
Hours to complete: around 4 hours for each
First worn: not yet
Total cost: I have had all materials in stock.

Kommentare:

Dankeschön, daß du dir die Zeit nimmst und hier ein paar Worte hinterläßt...